Following the writing prompts on BlogHer!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Beginnings

This blog is being started with the NaBloPoMo experience through BlogHer. I'm determined to write every day and this is a wonderful way to start!! July's theme is SWIM ... so here's a posting for July 1st (even tho it's the 2nd)

Friday, July 1, 2011
Where would you love to go swimming?

As the heat keeps me indoors here in Baltimore, MD - I've been dreaming about the Big Island of Hawai'i where I lived for 17 years. There is a warm water pond in Kapoho that's calling to me.
Two girlfriends and I decided one year to start swimming laps every other day. This pond is a lot bigger than a pool, so we started slowly -- at first it was one lap, back and forth, then two, and soon we worked our way up to 12. That year was the year I realized how swimming was the perfect exercise! I stretched my body while doing the various strokes, got aerobic exercise, and it was fun!
After we finished our laps, the three of us would bobble around in the water, enjoying the beautiful scenery (palm trees, green grass & ocean) and finish our time with prayer for each other. What a wonderful experience that was!
That's where I'd love to go swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment